Jim Carrey Online

Jim talks about his relationship with Evan!

Comment current news topics here. Including TV appearances by Jim.
Check also the Jim Carrey Schedule (always up-to-date)

Jim talks about his relationship with Evan!

Postby jimliker » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:13 pm

Hollywood actor Jim Carrey's trademark zany behaviour is reaping rewards in his personal life. In an interview on American television this week, Carrey and his girlfriend Jenny McCarthy have been talking about life with Jenny's autistic six-year-old son Evan. And Jenny revealed that the qualities that make Jim such a star on the big screen have proved to be useful when building a relationship with Evan.

When I first introduced Evan to Jim, you know...you never quite know what to expect,' explained Jenny. 'A lot of people don't understand, when they meet a child with autism. You have to be very animated to get that child's attention, and I think I can tell you that I have the most animated boyfriend in the world. But he really had a way of understanding Evan's thinking. And I watched it and went 'Oh my gosh, he's got it.'

Carrey also explained how Jenny came up with the nickname autism whisperer for him. ' One of the days I kind of broke through, I think possibly why [Jenny] calls me the autism whisperer...I would try to talk to [Evan] and I couldn't get his attention, and was always saying 'EVAN, EVAN, EVAN!' So one day I thought, 'I wonder if this will work?' (whispers Evan's name twice) And it got his attention immediately, because it interested him. That's what these kids need, something to grab their interest.'

In a sweet moment, Carrey says of his relationship with Evan; 'He taught me how to love. And without Evan I might never have seen the greatness of Jenny's spirit.'

http://www.raisingkids.co.uk/todaysnews ... 608_03.asp

\:D/
jimliker
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby lammy » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:46 pm

:shock: Jim didn't know how to LOVE ? Until Jenny's son came to his life ? WOW...
Bah hum bug!!!!
lammy
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:01 pm

of course he did.........he loves Jane doesn't he? It's more a turn of phrase.....but looks like we were right, he did fall head over heels for Evan... :D

fluffy :D
Last edited by fluffy on Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby lammy » Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:25 pm

:D Children are adorable - :oops: :D
Bah hum bug!!!!
lammy
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:59 pm

not all of them..............lol

fluffy :lol:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Yes, some are more trying than others....

Postby Canadian Jayne » Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:32 am

but in the end they all look terrific when they are fast asleep.
I remember when mine were particularily small and everyone was hyped up, by the end of the day I remember being so exhausted but when they were in bed and asleep, I was thankful for the day being over, but just looking at them made me realize how beautiful they are ,no matter how bad the day was.
Thank goodness for people who come into our lives to help us with those hairy scary days. Sometimes God sends Angels in Training to help us get through some of the most difficult times of our life.
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Return to Stop The Press!