Jim Carrey Online

Oscar Watch

Comment current news topics here. Including TV appearances by Jim.
Check also the Jim Carrey Schedule (always up-to-date)

Postby Belbee » Sun Aug 01, 2004 5:31 am

You also have to look at it in relation to the other performances done that year. I can't quite remember who was nominated that year, but I think it was a fairly weak year in terms of powerhouse performances. I think he really gave a strong heartbreaking performance in The Truman Show, and maybe it wouldn't have won the Oscar... I really do think it deserved a nomination.
Belbee
Lemony Snicket

Postby Dammit » Sun Aug 01, 2004 4:56 pm

Well the nominations that year wern't at all weak. You had Ian McKellon, Roberto Benigni (who won the Oscar), Nick Nolte, Edward Norton (who did a magnificent job in American History X), and TOM HANKS. But hey, I guess we can just agree to disagree. :)
"Hotchy Motchy!" - Jay Sherman
Dammit
Introducing Janet

Postby Belbee » Mon Aug 02, 2004 12:01 am

I agree Edward Norton and Tom Hanks were wonderful in their performances that year... (actually I think it was when he did Man on the Moon that it was a weaker year.) I admit though I haven't seen the other 3 performances from that year that were nominated. Yeah, let's just agree to disagree on this one. I personally think the Academy get it wrong a LOT and not just with Jim... but that's another story! lol!
Belbee
Lemony Snicket

Previous

Return to Stop The Press!