Jim Carrey Online

Jim Carrey wins a battle..but did u know that?

Comment current news topics here. Including TV appearances by Jim.
Check also the Jim Carrey Schedule (always up-to-date)

Jim Carrey wins a battle..but did u know that?

Postby jimliker » Mon May 08, 2006 6:35 pm

hey have u read this news before?

http://www.cnn.com/SHOWBIZ/News/9810/01/showbuzz/

\:D/
jimliker
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Mon May 08, 2006 6:49 pm

yep........it's VERY old.........and he won the case...............

but from what i can gather i think he was messing around in harmless fun and some of the anally retentive females took offence.........
but they should have given as good as they got back instead of whining....

of course, thats' if anything did happen.......and he won the case so the courts are happy.......

Obviously real sexual harrassment is a serious offence.......but not making silly pervy jokes and giving the ladies rose knickers.....lol.....

i'd have rounded a posse of girls, jumped on him and made wear them on his head....then taken pics............heheheheh........lol

fluffy :wink:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby cotton » Mon May 08, 2006 8:57 pm

I haven't read it yet but something tell me this has something to do with the Groper Jim article
www.youtube.com/user/jimcarreyonline
cotton
JCO Staff

Postby fluffy » Mon May 08, 2006 9:04 pm

how did you guess??.........lol..............the silly bints should have given him a run for his money..........it would have made it far more amusing.............lol..they could have rounded on the blokes and embarrassed them..........lol.........
but i guess they are all 'serious aktors dahlink'......lol............what a boring bunch.........lol
re Jim kissing Alicia on stage..........oh maaaan!!........i'd have kissed him full on back and made it look amusing..........lol.......lol....she should have grabbed his ass in front of everyone............lol.........that would have been funnier.........and he wouldn't have expected it.........lol

Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby cotton » Mon May 08, 2006 9:14 pm

hehehe yep! I would have kissed him like never before. His tongue wouldn't know if it was coming or going.lol But I guess she was to shocked to think. But she should have been prepared she knew Jim was being nominated. :wink:

I wonder where Jim hides his video cameras in the guest rooms tho. :lol:
www.youtube.com/user/jimcarreyonline
cotton
JCO Staff

Postby fluffy » Mon May 08, 2006 9:57 pm

huh??? :shock: ........that's news to me :shock: ................lol.........

Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby jimlover » Wed May 10, 2006 4:42 am

Jim cant b psychologically unstable.so he must win it.
its fair that he won it. :D
[i][b]Somebody to luv me(Jim)[/b][/i]
jimlover
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby quirky » Mon May 15, 2006 12:28 am

I just read this thread...I just want to say that I know Jim's won in court and I don't believe he harrassed anyone, but, speaking as someone who has been physically sexually harrassed in the workplace, every woman who comes forward and reports it is a hero. No none should ever have to just put up with it or "give it back."
"When in doubt, tell the truth."
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Mon May 15, 2006 12:38 am

all i'm saying is there is a difference between flirtation, harmless inuendo and sexual harassment..........it is a delicate area and of course if people are uncomfortable with any sexual inuendo of course they should be respected............as i say it's a delicate area........people have different perspectives........and yes....there are cultural differences with regards to tolerance.........
re 'give it back'....sometimes it's funny and acceptable........if the bloke is not expecting a sharp response..........it can be empowering.......
but no-one should be made to feel vulnerable or uncomfortable at work.....
and yes.......anyone who has experienced anything which has made them feel uncomfortable has my sympathy...........and those who have stood up to it have my full respect.

Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby fluffy » Mon May 15, 2006 1:16 am

PS what happened when you reported it Quirky??.........i hope they took you seriously....i'm sorry you had to experience that.......

fluffy
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby quirky » Mon May 15, 2006 1:55 am

True story. When I was a sabbatical officer in the Students'
Union we had a bar manager who drank with the students. My friend, Tara, was REALLY drunk and I wanted to get her out of the bar because he was really making passes at her. The only way she would leave was if we were going someplace else. So I said, "Ok we'll go to ****** Hall and see the guys."

I went to the little office behind the bar to phone a friend to help me...when I was in there the manager came into the room and started feeling me up saying, "I want to feel your erogenous zones." I actually wound up sitting on the floor with my hands up in the air trying to stop him. He stumbled out then. I was in complete shock, but still worried about Tara, so we left.

We walked by the local pub and the Anglican priest was there. I told him what happened. I was still totally shaky and shaken.

So, I filed a complaint. It was being dealt with within the Union heirarchy.
It was near the end of the year and in the first hearing...they said that it was too hard to prove because no one HEARD anything. I said I had been yelling and my foot and leg was out the door.

Through this whole ordeal, girls came up to me and said, "Thank you for doing this...one night he held me up against a wall and choked me." "One night while we were loading kegs he grabbed me."

So....I lost the first hearing. They told me I could file an appeal and that, at least, would keep him AWAY from me for the rest of the year. My friends in the Union kept saying, "You might want to say the door was shut..."

I said, "No...I was yelling and my leg was out the door...."

Second hearing....lost it too.

Then I came back to the states. He apparently decided to transfer to another college to manage the bar. Once he was gone, the barmaid who had been saying she didn't hear anything went into the SU and told my friend, "I was there...I heard everything....she was yelling...I couldn't say anything before because he had threatened me."

My friend called me in the US to tell me this. I said, "Just make sure he doesn't work in another environment with students again."
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Mon May 15, 2006 2:04 am

That's horrible.............that's sexual harrassment at it's most horrible..............in fact if he touched you that's assault........you could have gone above the SRC/UMC and gone to the police.........or threatened the UMC with the police........that might have given you the edge...............
i'm sorry that happened to you.........it's just harmless flirtation and naughty innuendo i've encountered...........but if it got nasty i wouldn't hesitate to go to the top.........

Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby quirky » Mon May 15, 2006 2:34 am

Yes, it was terrible. Not being believed. He had threatened the staff that night saying that if he lost, he was coming after them.
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Mon May 15, 2006 2:48 am

oh crumbs...........that was a police matter then........intimidating witnesess...........

fluffy :?
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby mav » Mon May 15, 2006 3:43 am

That's terrible.... harrowing!
mav
Dumb and Dumber To

Next

Return to Stop The Press!