Jim Carrey Online

Jim & Jenny claimed : They have cured Evan!

Comment current news topics here. Including TV appearances by Jim.
Check also the Jim Carrey Schedule (always up-to-date)

Jim & Jenny claimed : They have cured Evan!

Postby jimliker » Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:08 pm

Jenny McCarthy and Jim Carrey claim they have taken measures and effectively "cured" Jenny's son Evan's autism.
Carrey and McCarthy claim in their op/ed piece on CNN that "England and Ireland reported that autism is affecting one in 58 individuals."

Jenny McCarthy and Jim Carrey are actors and parents actively involved in autism-related causes.

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/US/04/02/mc ... =hpmostpop

http://people.monstersandcritics.com/ne ... rom_autism

\:D/
jimliker
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:24 pm

where did they get that figure??........i thought the latest UK figure was 1 in 100...... :shock: i reckon our fillings have a lot to answer for though!

fluffy :D
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby jimliker » Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:30 pm

Along with actor and boyfriend Jim Carrey, they discuss the improvement and what they call a 'recovery' from autism by McCarthy's son Evan.

The statement says, "We believe what helped Evan recover was starting a gluten-free, casein-free diet, vitamin supplementation, detox of metals, and anti-fungals for yeast overgrowth that plagued his intestines. Once Evan's neurological function was recovered through these medical treatments, speech therapy and applied behavior analysis helped him quickly learn the skills he could not learn while he was frozen in autism."

It continues on to say, "After we implemented these therapies for one year, the state re-evaluated Evan for further services. They spent five minutes with Evan and said, "What happened? We've never seen a recovery like this."

She and Carrey will be leading a march on Washington on June 4 with Generation Rescue to help shed light on children's neurological disorders.

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7010528729

Criticism:
By Eric R. Olson,

As an avid reader of CNN.com I was a little shocked to see an op-ed penned by Jenny McCarthy and Jim Carrey regarding autism. First of all, in my limited memory, I can’t remember CNN.com ever doing a “guest” op-ed. And secondly, why do I care what Jenny McCarthy and Jim Carrey have to say about autism?

I thought that abuse of celebrity only applied to political and environmental issues but apparently now it has extended into science and health policy. It would at least be understandable if either of them had ever played a doctor on television (anyone remember the 70s ads “I’m not a doctor but I play one on television”?) but these two are best known for posing in Playboy magazine and playing a pet detective who pretends to talk with his butt cheeks (respectively). I don’t think I’d take acting lessons from this couple let alone seek medical advice.

Yet they felt it their duty to share with us that vaccines are responsible for autism even though at this point there’s virtually zero scientific evidence to support their claim. There is a recent court ruling, however, that has given ammunition to the bandwagon of parents who think that vaccines caused their kid’s problems. The only difference is that most of these parents aren’t celebrities in the position to abuse their…um… position.

And to the editors of CNN.com…what exactly were you thinking?

http://scienceline.org/2008/04/03/exper ... im-Carrey/

\:D/
jimliker
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:25 pm

Is John Asher going to be there too i wonder?....As Evans dad he has an important voice too since he was there at the start......Full credit to Jim but John will have seen Evan regressing and the reversal........

fluffy.
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby woweeee » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:06 pm

She and Carrey will be leading a march on Washington on June 4 with Generation Rescue to help shed light on children's neurological disorders.

washington D.C?????
When once asked what I would do if I met Jim I said that I would give him so many hugs because he is so damn HOT and then I would tell him to get married. Response, "he is hot, but...nevermind."
woweeee
Batman Forever

Postby wylde » Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:47 am

Have they kissed ...the BlarneyStone.
:lol:
:roll:
wylde
Yes Man

Postby fluffy » Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:57 am

lmao :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

fluffy :lol: :lol: :lol:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby carreypunkrawker » Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:01 am

woweeee wrote:She and Carrey will be leading a march on Washington on June 4 with Generation Rescue to help shed light on children's neurological disorders.

washington D.C?????

no it's a avenue or something where many famous marches have been lead.
carreypunkrawker
A Christmas Carol

Postby fluffy » Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:08 am

It is indeed Washington DC..........June 4 2008.........i'll be posting the article this weekend ....... :wink:

Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby carreypunkrawker » Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:08 am

hahaha! whoops!
carreypunkrawker
A Christmas Carol

Postby woweeee » Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:30 pm

fluffy wrote:It is indeed Washington DC..........June 4 2008.........i'll be posting the article this weekend ....... :wink:

i live 25 minutes away.
When once asked what I would do if I met Jim I said that I would give him so many hugs because he is so damn HOT and then I would tell him to get married. Response, "he is hot, but...nevermind."
woweeee
Batman Forever

Return to Stop The Press!