Jim Carrey Online

In Praise of the Cable Guy.............

Discuss older Jim Carrey movies.

In Praise of the Cable Guy.............

Postby fluffy » Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:31 am

I watched it again tonight...........and i LOVE IT!!..........it's a much maligned under-rated movie..................
I love Jim in slightly sinister mode........but it's also really really funny in a black kinda way.........lol...............He suits the darkness and intensity...........I know i've waxed lyrical on the site about that before but he's gonna shine in serious roles..........It's a pity about the role of Silas but he would have acted them off the screen anyway.......lol

And i love the singing......even if it's an impression and not his serious singing voice ............lol........... then again, i've often said i wish he would sing more ......but hey!........what can i say?.........i love his voice..........

It didn't get the praise it arguable deserved ....what do YOU think of The Cable Guy?................. :wink:

(but oh those thighs my friends..............lol :wink:)

fluffy :P
Last edited by fluffy on Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby KC8t80 » Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:55 am

:D :D :D I AM SOOOOOO GLAD THAT I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO LOVES THE CABLE GUY. That movie is so underated. I thought the movie was hilarious. U just made my day fluffy.

And I love the way Jim looks too...................................................................just in a non-gay way. :lol:
I am part of an elite group of people......THE MEN OF JCO.

(Standing member since July 18th, 2005)

THE FEW AND THE PROUD!!!!
KC8t80
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Conor » Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:43 am

weell.....good movie.....too bad i sold it because i literally have watched it prolly 3 times.
Conor
Kick-Ass 2

Postby fluffy » Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:34 am

i forgot to mention how HOT Jim is in that movie.................he has the physique of an athelete.....................so defined...............and those thighs...........AAAhhh.....so strong and muscular............

he really looks the business.............fabulous............and boy, does he fill those leather trousers...........lol...............YUM YUM!!!

fluffy :wink:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby nicesock! » Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:08 pm

I love this movie. Like most of you have stated, I think Jim is incredible at what would be considered dark comedy. I love a man with a sensiter side. Hee Hee. Cable Guy is a great comedy, and its a shame it didn't get the recognition it deserved.
nicesock!
Ace Ventura: Pet Detective

Postby kasper » Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:33 pm

I actually went to walmart yesterday looking for it. I literally looked up and down on every section and they did not have it. I was annoying my sister because I kept going back, and kept looking, hoping that I misteriously missed it.
I was actually depressed about it, but I ended up getting Liar Liar collectors edition, instead. WHICH, by the way(In my oppinion), has the best special feature with Jim in it. It had me laughing like crazy.

Anyway, back to the subject... I have tons of pictures of him from this movie because his look in it is so sexy... how his jaw sticks out and the whole lisp thing. WEE. Plus, I love his hair short like that.
Last edited by kasper on Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What makes you weak is what makes me stronger.
kasper
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby -->Blunt<-- » Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:44 pm

Yeah, it's a really good movie and I can't understand why so many people don't like it.
I'm qì, my friend.
-->Blunt<--
Yes Man

Postby Conor » Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:27 am

me neither...i like it.

me birthday is in 25 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Conor
Kick-Ass 2

Postby KC8t80 » Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:39 pm

I feel the same way
I am part of an elite group of people......THE MEN OF JCO.

(Standing member since July 18th, 2005)

THE FEW AND THE PROUD!!!!
KC8t80
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby joel barish » Sat Sep 17, 2005 2:30 pm

i think alot of people dont "get" The cable guy and what is really about. Jim Carrey is portrayin a mentally ill person, and everyone sais thats just the normal Jim Carrey we see, and its diffently not... one of he´s best
"aaaaaaaaalrighty then"
"sss-smokin"
"if im not back in 5 minutes, just wait longer"
joel barish
Earth Girls Are Easy

Postby fluffy » Sat Sep 17, 2005 5:37 pm

um...........i wouldn't go as far as saying he's mentally ill in it.......he has issues...........but that doen't mean he's mentally ill..............

fluffy :?
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby Conor » Sun Sep 18, 2005 1:49 pm

lol....yeah if he was mentally ill he would umm...have been crazy

my birthday is in 10 days!!!
Conor
Kick-Ass 2

Postby fluffy » Sun Sep 18, 2005 4:41 pm

woo hoo.....you're gonna be a teenager...........lol...........

have you seen Kevin and Perry go large.......lol.........when Harry enfield becomes a teenager.......v funny.......lol...........

fluffy :wink:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

THE CABEL GUY!!!!!!!!

Postby Dannyk » Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:03 pm

i love the cabel guy and i agree with evry persons opinion about it being underrated, the more i watch it the more i love it, Jim is extremly good at playing the dark, disturbed character, he pulls it of ace :D.... does anybody agree the best bit in the film is at medeval times... evrytime i wizz myself caus im laughin to hard(not literly)
"Kick his ass seabass"
"Hey creeeep"
"Advanced delusionary schizophrenia with involuntary narcissistic rage."
"No! It wasn't me! It was the One Armed Man!"
Dannyk
In Living Color

Return to Older Movies