Jim Carrey Online

What was your first like??...................

Discuss older Jim Carrey movies.

Postby george » Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:23 am

first time i saw Jim was on "Ace Ventura:when nature calls". it was his energy and his great comedian talent that it was unique,these were the elements that made love him! plus that the movie was so funny! :lol:
"i still haven't found what i am looking for"
george
Dumb & Dumber

Postby Clemmy » Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:45 am

I first saw Jim in the Mask... I liked it, but there were no flames. Years later I saw the Majestic on TV and loved it :wink:... but (this is shameful :oops:) somehow I hadn't paid attention to either the name of the movie or the actor... I believe I was in good company at the time... anyway... Jim had me with Eternal Sunshine... all that sensibility, love, pain, everything that we all go through... I then watched some of his other movies, learned more about him, and here I am today!
Clemmy
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Arutnev Eca » Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:51 pm

The first Jim movie I saw was The Mask, when I was 10, and he instantly became my favorite actor.
Arutnev Eca
The Dead Pool

Postby revin77 » Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:46 am

my favorite would have to be the mask. i first saw it when i was 3. i practically grew up on Jim Carrey movies. all my friends at school think im kinda weird. but thats ok. its good to be difrent.
Jim Carrey is the best actor on earth
revin77
Peggy Sue Got Married

Postby Conor » Fri Dec 23, 2005 5:37 pm

guys i must tell you how it went when i saw the mask when i was younger

i DIDNT GET ANY OF THE HUMOR!!

YEAH!
Conor
Kick-Ass 2

Postby jimlover » Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:48 pm

it was The Mask when i saw him first.But when first time i saw The Mask it relased here in India.But i did not know his name though i liked that innnocent Stanley Ipkiss.Then i saw the same movie after some months on tv then i knew his name.From that time i have fallen in luv with him. :D
[i][b]Somebody to luv me(Jim)[/b][/i]
jimlover
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby MandyCarrey » Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:45 pm

The first movie i saw was Ace Ventura pet detective.... i think it was played at skool or something.. and then my step bro bought it for me.. and i fell in luv with how funny he was lol... then when i saw his next movie out i saw tht one and enjoyed it.. and each time one of his movies has come out ever since i have bought them and gone to the cinema to see them,.... but the first Jim movie i went to see at the cinema was the truman show coz i was the right age .. i think all the ones before dint come on the cinema in the uk or i wasnt old enough to go see them :( .... lol... so half of my Jim Carrey collection is on really old vhs so i need to start buyin all the ones frm majestic dwnwards on dvd! lol..... I just luv a man tht can make me laugh and has gorgeous brown eyes!! :D
MandyCarrey
Yes Man

My 1st Jim movie was...

Postby Jimlover1 » Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:20 am

Peggy Sue Got Married, when it came
out in the theatres, back in the '80s.
I was in my 20s at the time. :D I may
have seen the Duck Factory when it
was on, as well, but I really dont'
remember. Anyway, I didnt see Jim
again until Ace and the Mask, and I
do remember coming out of the Mask
thinking, "This new guy is really cute!"
I had not seen In Living Color, but he
then became one of my favorite actors 8)
I was about 37. I didnt fall in love with him
until I saw the Truman Show when I was
40, about 3 wks before I turned 41! :lol:
I have now been loving him and thinking
about him for 2,830 days now & counting! :wink:
To Jim-I love you more than words can say,
my biggest dream in life is to marry you someday.-your future wife, Carol Carrey
aka Jimlover1
ps. or at least a date!
Jimlover1
Under the Sea 3D

Postby Niobe » Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:57 am

I can't even remember which film I saw him in first. :? He seems to have been around forever and I watched his films thinking he was funny, bit off the scale, but nothing I got totally wowed by.
My intrigue was captured a bit with The Cable Guy (tho it was much later before I really loved it).
I think, pinning it down, I was bowled over by the effect Man On The Moon had on me. I couldn't believe Jim could be that good. That inspired.
When I saw Eternal Sunshine (the greatest film ever) I just thought.....he was, without doubt, a genius.

After that, I go back and watch all the other stuff and think "Yeah, he is good!". :roll:
Everybody should believe in something.
I believe I'll have another coffee!
Niobe
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby gothichyppie » Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:39 am

Ace Ventura 1 back when it came out on video. I was a 11 year old kid and I can't recall much about it but I'm sure I laughed a lot!
It didn't hit me until Batman Forever...
---[...]------
gothichyppie
Burt Wonderstone

Postby KOknockout » Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:31 pm

I was around 5 or 6 when I saw Ace Ventura: Pet Detective, and I thought Jim was the funniest guy ever. After that I would always walk around the house saying "Alrighty then!". :lol: After that, I saw The Mask and then I was really hooked. I used to watch it over, and over, and over again and never got tired of it. :lol: Jim was probably the first actor I ever really liked, and he's still my favorite after all these years. :)
KOknockout
Finders Keepers

Previous

Return to Older Movies