Jim Carrey Online

Has anyone noticed this about Ace...?

Discuss older Jim Carrey movies.

Has anyone noticed this about Ace...?

Postby Jim Is Awesome » Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:16 pm

I have Ace Ventura: Pet Detective on DVD, and I have watched it alot!

But, the other day it was on T.V., and there was some scenes that are not on the DVD,

He goes to the gas station and asked where Ray Finkles parents lived.

And the scene where he goes into the bar, trying to get to Ray Finkles' parents' house.

Did anyone know about this? Do you guys have those scenes on your copy? Can someone tell me why that is. That the T.V. had some scenes that weren't on the DVD/VHS?...
Jim Carrey IS AWESOME!!!
Jim Is Awesome
High Strung

Postby *lion girl* » Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:57 pm

I have not notised that on Ace Ventura pet detective, but I have notised some on man on the moon that it is was some other scenes (don't remember a spesific one now then.)
Last edited by *lion girl* on Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Here I come to 'seize' the day!"
*lion girl*
A Christmas Carol

Postby Rubberface » Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:17 am

I never saw those scenes you're talking about neither! I have the DVD, have seen Ace: Pet Detective on T.V. and VHS and I can't remember anything close to what you're talking about.

It's a shame they didn't put any bloopers or deleted scenes on the DVD.
Anyways, I'm curious about those mystical missing scenes.
---=Rubberface=---
Rubberface
Mike Hammer: Murder Takes All

Postby Realdini » Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:58 am

I have never seen anyone of theese scenes and I have the DVD too..
Strange.. must be something that is wrong
"And thats the way the cookie crumbles"
Realdini
Yes Man

Postby hutch » Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:10 pm

If I am not mistaken - when I watched the movie - I also listened to the Director's Cut of it. (not recommended if you are a visual person like myself) :D

If I remember, Tom Shadyac metioned about those scenes saying they just REALLY did not fit into the storyline of the movie very well. They did film a part when Ace was on the phone at the gas station and a man was robbed and then shot, and ACE just drove off.

I guess you watched a different version of the movie which was released for TV only.
Ms. Hutch
hutch
Introducing Janet

Postby thecablegal » Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:13 pm

There's a scene on SOME of the DVDs (not mine, bummer) where Ace does a long scene after getting out of the tank when looking for Snowflake. I have the sound clip, but I have never seen it.
Muse - 10, 11, 14, 22 & 23 November 2006
Muse - Wembley Stadium - 16 & 17 June 2007
Muse - Royal Albert Hall - 12 April 2008
Muse - 10 November 2009 & 13 November 2009
Muse - 11 September 2010
thecablegal
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby lammy » Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:28 am

I have no idea but Dumb and Dumber is on t.v. tommorow and it will be in spanish- :lol:
Bah hum bug!!!!
lammy
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby KC8t80 » Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:30 am

[-o< oh thank the good lord that i am not crazy. that also noticed that to. there is also another scene u might have forgot to mention:

it's one where he is at the correctional facility and is making a phone call to his buddy at the police station and there is an old dude mimicing him from behind.He then turns around says "DO U MIND?!" Then gets off the phone when the doc comes to him and the doc says "Who are talking to?" and Ace says "That was my agant, i'm going to sponsor....."

I don't remember the rest of the quote its been a while since i 've seen on tv. :ace:

I wouldn't mind watching it in spainsh. that would be fun. someone should watch Dumb and Dumber in French. It's pretty funny, even though i don't undersrand most of what they say.
I am part of an elite group of people......THE MEN OF JCO.

(Standing member since July 18th, 2005)

THE FEW AND THE PROUD!!!!
KC8t80
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby dina » Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:13 pm

no i didnt notice that hmmm but i know that on tv they cut certain scene of Ace i dunno which part :? but i didnt c these scenes as well :( :roll:
"failure taught me that failure is not the end unless u give it up"
dina
A Christmas Carol

Postby EternallyJIMS » Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:54 am

i noticed it too!!!! tivoed it:)... they did that w/ the grinch too! when it was on the family channel they added a couple new scenes.. that weren't on the dvd either....cool but they should say before.. we have new scenes so u might want to tape this..:)
"I don't know how to define myself and hopefully i'll never find out."
~ Jim Carrey
EternallyJIMS
Peggy Sue Got Married

Postby Rubberface » Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:16 am

EternallyJIMS wrote:....cool but they should say before.. we have new scenes so u might want to tape this..:)

lol that's so true! But I still think they should put those kind of deleted scenes on the DVD... most of the older Jim movies don't even have bonus material. :cry:
---=Rubberface=---
Rubberface
Mike Hammer: Murder Takes All

Postby lammy » Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:55 am

Rubberface wrote:
EternallyJIMS wrote:....cool but they should say before.. we have new scenes so u might want to tape this..:)

lol that's so true! But I still think they should put those kind of deleted scenes on the DVD... most of the older Jim movies don't even have bonus material. :cry:

Maybe because they were cheap- :D Or the technology was not as advanced as it is now-(just a guess). Don't feel bad.

:D
Bah hum bug!!!!
lammy
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby KC8t80 » Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:35 pm

there is also another scene at the metal concert. Ace has friend check on something and when he leaves he sees the two henchmen there. So Ace tries to lose them and ends up going on stage with the band and starts doing the that whole metal voice (where it sounds like a coffee buring) then at the end of it stands there and says "I have to go....I got a date with your mothers."
I am part of an elite group of people......THE MEN OF JCO.

(Standing member since July 18th, 2005)

THE FEW AND THE PROUD!!!!
KC8t80
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Jimenem » Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:36 pm

I had no clue about any extra scenes! :shock: Can anyone find them and post them on the site/??? Just wondering . . . :roll:
Jimenem
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Dannyk » Sat Oct 08, 2005 12:04 am

I NOTICED IN DUMB N DUMBER THE VIDEO HAS MORE SCENES THAN THE DVD!!!!!!!!! 8) :D but maby the new special edition one cumin oot soon will hav the other ones in it :P
"Kick his ass seabass"
"Hey creeeep"
"Advanced delusionary schizophrenia with involuntary narcissistic rage."
"No! It wasn't me! It was the One Armed Man!"
Dannyk
In Living Color

Next

Return to Older Movies