Jim Carrey Online

Lee Majors applaudes Jim as Six Million Dollar man

Discuss other upcoming Jim Carrey movies (not confirmed/rumours).

Lee Majors applaudes Jim as Six Million Dollar man

Postby FavaBeans CBM » Wed Dec 17, 2003 8:45 pm

Check out this little article I found via the world wide web:<br><br>"Lee Majors, the original Six Million Dollar Man, told SCI FI Wire that he gives his blessing to an upcoming comedic feature film version of his iconic 1970s TV series, starring Jim Carrey. "I'm very happy about the announcement that Jim Carrey is going to be the Six Million Dollar Man in the movie," Majors said in an interview. "I think he's a great choice."<br><br>Majors said that he was favorably impressed with Carrey's performance in the hit fantasy film Bruce Almighty. "It was a real good movie, I thought, and I think this is one where he'll have some flat tires and some of it won't work, he'll short out a little bit," he said. "But I'm sure it will be quite funny."<br><br>Majors admitted that he once foresaw himself starring in a movie version of the show. "I always wanted to do the thing myself, when I finished the show, when it went off the air," he said. "What I wanted to do then was do a spoof of it, because I was so tired of doing it for real. ... I wanted to do a comic little TV movie just so everything didn't work." But Universal, which owned the franchise, was reluctant to undercut the show, which was still in syndication, he said, so the idea never materialized.<br><br>But Majors may have a chance to lampoon his Steve Austin image a little on UPN's similarly themed SF series Jake 2.0, on which he guest stars as a mysterious former NSA agent who helps out Christopher Gorham's Jake. That episode, "Double Agent," airs Dec. 17 at 9 p.m. ET/PT.<br><br>Universal is owned by Vivendi Universal, which also owns SCIFI.COM."<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/art-film.html?2003-12/17/11.30.film">www.scifi.com/scifiwire/a...11.30.film</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <p></p><i></i>
FavaBeans CBM
High Strung

Return to Upcoming Movies