Jim Carrey Online

Jim-quote in "Parade"-magazine...

Jim Carrey discussion on non-movie related topics or topics which doesn't fit anywhere else...

Jim-quote in "Parade"-magazine...

Postby cable girl » Wed May 16, 2007 12:39 pm

...my twin found this lil' article in the Sunday Dec. 17th, 2006-issue of "Parade"-magazine.

Now I know it's still A LONG time 'til Christmas this year, but I thought the quote is really sweet + the pic's so cute so I couldn't resist posting it anyway to share with ya'll... :P

~ "Compassion is the currency that leads to true wealth"~ / Jim Carrey
cable girl
Burt Wonderstone

Postby jimliker » Wed May 16, 2007 4:47 pm

thats sweet :D

\:D/
jimliker
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Wed May 16, 2007 4:56 pm

Absolutely True.......When did Jim become a Sage?????? :shock: :wink:

fluffy :D
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby sprousefan23 » Thu May 17, 2007 3:46 am

^ Who knows?!?!?!

But it's a great quote! :D
"No time outs. Only DEATH!"
"I don't like to brag and I won't cuz I don't have to!" Image
sprousefan23
Dumb and Dumber To

Absolutely true...

Postby Canadian Jayne » Thu May 17, 2007 11:04 pm

I'm thinking about Christmas stuff now so I don't have that stress, when I see something perfect that I know one ofmy kids will love, I make a mental note, and pick it up when I can afford it, that makes it so much easier and give you the calm that really should be around at Christmas time. So instead of panic, all is done and you can really enjoy the time.
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby mrsjec17 » Fri May 18, 2007 6:03 am

Very good quote! But then again he does have the best quotes of any celebrity.
"I decided that I wanted to make movies that would uplift people." - Jim Carrey -
mrsjec17
The Truman Show

Postby jimliker » Fri May 18, 2007 4:15 pm

here r some more Jim quotes:

"Despite the sometimes mind-boggling excitement I now face on a day-to-day basis, I am striving to live a loving and honorable life. Lauren is my proof and my reward; not to mention a fantastic beard to conceal my raging homosexual lifestyle. Okay... the second part was a joke."---Press release announcing Jim Carrey's marriage to Lauren Holly, printed in People, February 10, 1997.

"I don't want to bore the hell out of people, or myself, by sticking to a pattern and always doing the same crap."---Carrey to Entertainment Weekly, December 31, 2004.

"I need a people fix every once in a while. And it's not good enough just to run into a couple here and there, you know? I need mass audience. I need them all staring at me and completely transfixed. Everybody must be glued to me every moment."---Jim Carrey, to Ellen DeGeneres in People, March 23, 2004.

"I'm charming, but I dip into the Prozac now and then."---Carrey on his considerable energy, quoted in Movieline, July 1994.

"I've been through the cold nights at The Comedy Store where I just went there and decided to piss the audience off and see how much hate I could absorb. It's like a theatre exercise or something. Some nights you just go up there and go, 'You know all that stuff you loved me for, you'll see none of that tonight. Not in hell.' I had times where I spent two hours on stage in The Comedy Store having that indulgence and having sticks and debris rain through the air like New Year's Eve. I even had a chair come flying at me because I said something about somebody's relationship ... "---Jim Carrey in Empire, November 1998.

"It was a mischievous, sinister little story, but they tried to sell it as 'Jim Carrey! Another whacky, goofy thing!' It was apologized for up front. It's like with 'Ace Ventura', they wanted to take 'Pet Detective' off the title. I said, 'Put it out there and be proud of it.'"---Carrey on the dishonest marketing of "The Cable Guy" to Premiere, March 1997.
"Jim's doing his characterization of Andy Kaufman, and he's very consistent and very good at what he's doing. I haven't met Jim Carrey. He came on the set as Tony Clifton, Andy Kaufman or as Latka. He never came on as Jim Carrey."

"After you've dealt with Andy, nothing's odd. Having gone though it the first time, I found it much easier to do this time."---Jeff Conaway, on making "Man on the Moon" with Carrey, quoted in Variety, August 24-30, 1998.

"Reflecting on his new status, Carrey said, 'Society is a lot more twisted than I thought.'"---From People, December 26, 1994.

"The wonderful thing about this movie, is that like 'Liar Liar', it has a very serious notion underneath it. It was comedic in a way that allowed me to go incredibly crazy, and go off the deep end. And yet... all of us get to a point where we're screaming at God in our own way, and saying 'Why are you doing this to me?' And then we get to a point, hopefully, where we say, 'Oh, ok. That's what I had to learn.' Tom and I are both very spiritual people, and I've always been big about faith. Everything in my life has happened for a good reason. The blessings come one after another like rain. It's unbelievable when I'm in the right place."---Carrey talking about his film "Bruce Almighty" www.countingdown.com June 23, 2003.

"You know my worst nightmare? I end up in a sitcom called 'Jim's Place'. I'm from outer space, an intergalactic cop who crashed into the Chicago River and meets up with an earthling cop who solves crimes. That would be pretty bad. Oh and if you ever hear that I signed up to do 'Ace Ventura 5', call me up and remind me to put a bullet in my head, okay?"---Carrey on his fear of fame to Entertainment Weekly, August 5, 1994.

\:D/
jimliker
Dumb and Dumber To

Return to The Speakeasy