Jim Carrey Online

Operation: Convince Halley's Drama teacher.

Jim Carrey discussion on non-movie related topics or topics which doesn't fit anywhere else...

Operation: Convince Halley's Drama teacher.

Postby jims_lost_daughter » Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:41 pm

Alright... heres the deal.. i have had the same Drama teacher for three years now, and i think it was grade 10 when he said that he hated Jim Carrey. He said that he didn't think that Jim could act, and .. here it is.. the worst thing i have ever heard someone say about Jim Carrey...

"He is a bottom Feeder" Can you believe that?! a God damn bottom feeder. I was pissed.. for obvious reasons. I remembber that day.. my day was ruined. Anywho.. this year.. now grade 12.. i told him how much that got to me... and he said sorry for offending me.. but he still thought the same thing. He wont even watch any Jim movies.

I got him to watch Doing tim on Maple Drive.. and he told me what he thought.. didn't impress him much at all...

so here is what i want to ask from you.. how do you think i can convince him? He is one of those people who analyzes shit down to the last detail. so i was wondering if you guys could tell me what movies you think i should get him to watch.. and why. and what i should say to defend Jim.. about his acting mainly. If i was defending him as a person, that would be easy. So when do you think his acting is the best, and what should i say to my thick headed Drama teacher..lol... please help me.

P.S- He also said he didnt think Jim was good at Physical comedy! I dont understand that in the slightest.
jims_lost_daughter
Yes Man

Postby fluffy » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:42 pm

lol..........i think your teacher is deliberately pissing you off........lol...he knows it's your achilles heel and he's exploiting it for all it's worth......lol....just wink and smile .........and say 'we'll agree to disagree'.......lol.....that'll freak him out......lol......

fluffy :D
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby sprousefan23 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:56 pm

^ haha yeah! That's what I did when I gave my speech on him (in drama) and the other kids buged me about it!
I just think he was joking with you, pushing your buttons....but that's just me. :D
"No time outs. Only DEATH!"
"I don't like to brag and I won't cuz I don't have to!" Image
sprousefan23
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:36 pm

yep.............hes pushing his luck..........lol........ :lol:

fluffy :lol:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby Not_Impulsive » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:47 pm

No. Some people are just dumb and they won't let anyone convince them.
And it doesn't matter if he's a teacher - although he must be neutral with his opinions, thoughts and words - because he is a teacher and he must not make anyone like the same things that he does.

Anyway, - show him "Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind". I think that'll do.
"Doing Time On Maple Drive" is a good movie but Jim Carrey's part isn't very big.
"Truman Show" is also a good movie to convince someone but I guess your teacher heard of it and misjudged it from the beginning.
So - my choice of convincing someone that Jim Carrey is a great actor from all points of view is "Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind". And afterwards (only after Eternal Sunshine) you can show him "Dumb and dumber" or "Ace". He MUST change his mind.
Good luck. :D
Not_Impulsive
Mike Hammer: Murder Takes All

If he is an older teacher over 40 it will take alot of ...

Postby Canadian Jayne » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:54 pm

convincing,
Have him first see The Majestic and ask him where Jim was the poorest
in his acting in that one, he seems to want to go for the negative so work with that.
If he likes sailing...
Then ask about the Truman Show, this movie has a good message about the capabilities of the media and how it could ruin a person's life...
Those are the two that may change his mind in a little better light..
won't change him completely, the only other thing that changed my
mind was when I may have met him and realized, he's really not what
he seems.
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:16 pm

lol..........he says he's really very normal in the flesh......thoughtful, chatty and normal :lol: ..he's not swinging from the ceiling talking out of his bum......lol

fluffy :D
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Yes, I too believe he is quite normal..

Postby Canadian Jayne » Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:39 pm

perhaps kind of classy in his own way. Hard to explain.
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby jims_lost_daughter » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:58 pm

No... he isnt doing it just to irritate me and push my buttons.. he just doesnt like Jim Carrey.. though i dont understand it.. cause he hasnt even seen half his movies. He probably just saw one and was like "Dont like it" so he chopped it up to Jim Carrey sucks all around. God i dont even like writing those words.

Hmm.. The Majestic sounds like a good idea.. and i think Eternal Sunshine would do it too... for some reason though, im thinking he isnt going to be fond of The Truman show. I dont know why. i just do.

As for Jim as a person..... i have never met him.. but what i think he is .. is a really down to earth guy... A good guy, though moody sometimes.. and funny of course.. i kinda see him as being closed off. I like the sound of it.
jims_lost_daughter
Yes Man

Postby Lena » Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:25 pm

[quote="jims_lost_daughter"]No... he isnt doing it just to irritate me and push my buttons.. he just doesnt like Jim Carrey.. though i dont understand it.. cause he hasnt even seen half his movies. He probably just saw one and was like "Dont like it" so he chopped it up to Jim Carrey sucks all around. God i dont even like writing those words. [quote]

my dad also doesn't like Jim (at first he even said I shouldn't watch his movies, but I did watch them behind his back :P ), However, some years ago he came home and he was in a really bad mood, I told him he should watch a movie with Jim in it, at first he even got more angry but I told it would shear him up *SMILE* He couldn't say no because I was smiling :P ,so I showed him Me Myself & Irene and now he's fine with me being a fan and he even understands why :P (he doesn't like much of Jim's movies that hasn't changed a lot, but he likes me myself & irene, the truman show and the mask (I'm training him, one movie every month xD no I'm already glad if he watches one a year :P ))
Lena
A Christmas Carol

Postby fluffy » Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:07 pm

yeah my impression is of a classy,naughty, saucy, smart, charming, introspective, moody, demonstrative, grumpy,spiritual, kind and personable man.....lol.....but i may be wrong.... :lol:

Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby Lena » Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:13 pm

fluffy wrote:yeah my impression is of a classy,naughty, saucy, smart, charming, introspective, moody, demonstrative, grumpy,spiritual, kind and personable man.....lol.....but i may be wrong.... :lol:

lmao :D, you're totally right! :D
Lena
A Christmas Carol

Postby gothichyppie » Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:01 pm

Wow, your teacher seems to be very professional! Did I mention I hate school? :roll:
That reminds me of my godmother who said to 12 year old me that not only did she hate Jim (which is fine, I GUESS) but that this little 'crush' of mine wouldn't last more than six months.
She asked me if I still loved him last Christmas and I answered without hesitating 'Unfortunately, yes!' with a smartass grin. She said 'Well, he's done some good films lately!'...... I felt like I somehow won the case.
All this to say that love Jim and the hell with the rest!
---[...]------
gothichyppie
Burt Wonderstone

Postby jims_lost_daughter » Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:07 pm

Lena wrote:
my dad also doesn't like Jim (at first he even said I shouldn't watch his movies, but I did watch them behind his back :P ), However, some years ago he came home and he was in a really bad mood, I told him he should watch a movie with Jim in it, at first he even got more angry but I told it would shear him up *SMILE* He couldn't say no because I was smiling :P ,so I showed him Me Myself & Irene and now he's fine with me being a fan and he even understands why :P (he doesn't like much of Jim's movies that hasn't changed a lot, but he likes me myself & irene, the truman show and the mask (I'm training him, one movie every month xD no I'm already glad if he watches one a year :P ))

Aw.. lol.. Me, Myself & Irene is a REALLY good movie.. and i think his acting was awesome.. hmm.. thinking thinking...
jims_lost_daughter
Yes Man

Postby jims_lost_daughter » Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:09 pm

fluffy wrote:yeah my impression is of a classy,naughty, saucy, smart, charming, introspective, moody, demonstrative, grumpy,spiritual, kind and personable man.....lol.....but i may be wrong.... :lol:

Very nice! lol

Gothichyppie.... that is so awesome.. alot of my family hates him too.. i attacked my aunt once .. put her in a head lock cause she made fun of his mouth.. lmao... it was jokes of course.. but still.. gr on her. My mom said i would get over it too... its been like 11 years now... lol.. not going anywhere
jims_lost_daughter
Yes Man

Next

Return to The Speakeasy