Jim Carrey Online

5 things before you die....................

Jim Carrey discussion on non-movie related topics or topics which doesn't fit anywhere else...

5 things before you die....................

Postby fluffy » Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:09 pm

Ok..............which 5 things have you yet to do....which you would like to do/achieve before you 'croak?'.......lol..........

As long as they have the potential of coming true....no sprouting wings or flying to Mars please...lol......

Ok.............me first..........

1.Intrigue, beguile, enrapture and seduce Jim Carrey, until i am endelibly etched in his heart..............:lol:

(yeah i should be so lucky..........lol.... :lol: :lol: :lol: )

ok...seriously....

1. Have something credible, stylish and frankly brilliant published..... :wink:

2. Learn how to horse ride...then do something amazing like a treck across the Apelatians..........(failing that, Wales.....lol :lol: )

3. Have a piece of stained glass installed in a place of worship somewhere.......so that in 400 years people can still get pleasure from it.........as we do from the glass in our cathedrals today etc.............
that would be awesome........to think people would be praying etc as the sunlight filters through my art..............wow!!!

4. Do voluntary work in an animal refuge in Australia......looking after the injured Wombats and Koalas......lol..........failing that, the orphaned baby elephants in Kenya...............(the poor wee souls.... :cry: )

5. (this is a deep one..... :wink: ).......explore and discover my spiritual core and live a truely honourable, intellectual and worthwhile life,
the foundation of which being love.......... :wink:

Ok...............your turn folks....................... :lol:

fluffy :P
Last edited by fluffy on Sun Aug 28, 2005 4:15 am, edited 10 times in total.
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby wonderbunny » Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:51 pm

1. I would love a hug from Mr. Carrey (It'll never happen, but a woman can dream can't she?

2. I want to ride a horse bareback, like I did when I was a teenager

3. I want to take my daughter to an Amusement Park (Magic Mountain or Disneyland) before she gets too old to enjoy it.

4. I want to try screenwriting (comedy/drama, specificially in rewrites and edits)

5. I want the last two years of my life to disappear, it hurts too much to remember the bad stuff.

6. I want to move to a new city!

7. I want to feel my savior as He eases my burdon, love and sensitivity and forgiveness. Three magic words.

... the rest is up to God because I get new dreams every day
wonderbunny
Lemony Snicket

Postby Alyonushka » Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:31 am

You know guys.
I'm so suffering now. From the cultural shock and all that stuff... feeling frustrated all the time and... crying, crying, crying!!!! A-a-a-a-a-a!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And all this stuff because I had a lot of dreams. To be a famous writer, film director, to visit America, to live in Santa Monica...

...and Jim, too.

But now I imagine myself in Jim's hands crying:"A-a-a, fuck you, Jim, I want to my mommy!!!!!"
I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad...
Alyonushka
Bruce Almighty

Postby fluffy » Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:59 am

but Aly.............you have all the time in the world to make your dreams come true.................
you have made the first step..............you are in the USA........... :wink:

You are just a little homesick.................it'll pass....
Isn't there some sort of Russian society in New York......where you can go and make friends with fellow Ruskies?? :wink:

Don't give up the dreams just yet......... :wink:

fluffy :P
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby asrai » Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:33 am

1. I want to be in a punk/alternative band.

2. Someday, I NEED to surf a crowd.

3. I would so love to see Jim surfing a crowd at one of my shows (that one is almost as unlikely as sprouting wings and flying to Mars).

4. Quit smoking. Quit smoking. Quit smoking.

5. Provide an organized and stable life for my 6 year old daughter.
asrai
Once Bitten

Postby searching_for_sunshine » Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:46 pm

before i die i would like to...
1. meet Jim and have a meaningful conversation (ok, a handshake, eye contact and a smile will suffice)
2. go back to norway for an extended vacation to trace my mother's ancestory
3. own a home in stirling scotland
4. establish a trust fund or grant in honor of my dad and sister-in-law for cancer research not associated with the AMA or FDA in which procedures and new drugs can be researched without corporate agendas
5. see U2 in concert
searching_for_sunshine
Me, Myself & Irene

Postby jimliker » Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:26 pm

1) To be very close to Jim. ( i will be glad it happens..then i wont mind if other 4 things dont happen :lol: )

2) Get married with 2 kids & live in USA. :wink:

3) Talk to God & ask why am i suffering? :cry:

4) To travel all around the world. 8)

5) To become very popular social worker & help the needy. :)

\:D/
jimliker
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Alyonushka » Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:21 am

We are suffering, Priya, from our dreams and desires. That's a buddhist wisdom.

I always suffer from my desires. Once I desired to enter the University for free (In Russia we have rights to receive a higher education for free but with a great contest). I entered, but when I appeared in the city, alone, without mom and dad, being 17 years old, I exclaimed, what's the ..!! Where am I??!
I considered it like a step to my other desires.
I wanted to go abroad, to the States (a very banal thing), I thought it would help me to reach my another dreams. And what now?!! today I'm ok, but if you saw me the previous days, you would say, oh Alena, what's going on with you?!!

I dreamed about visiting New York, I dreamed about living in Santa Monica, about having a flat in Manhattan, I dreamed about glory, about being famous for all the world. And what I have? Every time I reach my dreams, I feel frustrated, my dreams always turn their another side. But why dreaming? My good friend seriously dreamed about being a film director too and now she is found raped with a cut throat. So why dreaming?
I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad...
Alyonushka
Bruce Almighty

Postby jimliker » Thu Aug 25, 2005 5:15 pm

u r right Alyonushka that we are suffering from our dreams and desires :)

But sometimes v suffer from some emotional disturbances which is caused by some long term ailment.....i just want to ask God what mistakes i made so that i dont regret this sufferring & i get strength to bear it. I dont wanna repeat my mistakes & want to be careful. :cry:

\:D/
jimliker
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Filomena » Thu Aug 25, 2005 6:40 pm

If we give up our dreams, then what do we have to live for?

It's our dreams that keep us going. Dreams give us a goal in life. Without dreams, it's like travelling on a long and windy road without a map.

Please don't ever give up on pursuing your dreams. Maybe stop and reflect on why you dream the things you do. What is your reason for this? Is it for fame? money? Then yes, maybe stop dreaming. Materialism will never make you happy.

But if you are pursuing something that you love, or have a passion for, then never give up.

Just look at Jim. For almost a decade, he was doing stand-up comedy in Toronto and then LA, trying to pursue an acting career and nothing was taking off for him. But he kept going, and then one crappy movie called Earth Girls are Easy, caught the attention of one of the Wayan brothers, and he got into the show, In Living Colour. And the rest is history.

Success doesn't happen over night. Every successful person started off with a dream.

Don't ever give up. It's not easy to stick to something for a long time, especially if you're always disappointed, but it's worth it in the end.
Filomena
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Postby searching_for_sunshine » Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:10 pm

right on filomena! =D> =D>
searching_for_sunshine
Me, Myself & Irene

Postby nina » Sat Aug 27, 2005 2:58 pm

okey, here we go!

1.play in a movie
2.meet Jim (maybe meet him in a movie that I play in,thats one of my biggest dreams)
3.stop being so shy, and start to belive more on myself
4.take a trip to Scotland, I love the way they talk :D
5.meet my true love, or someone who can make me happy and make me feel special :)

thats it!
"Somewhere there's someone who dreams of your smile,
and finds in your presence that life is worth while.
So when you are lonely, remember it's true
Somebody somewhere is thinking of you."
nina
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Jimenem » Sat Aug 27, 2005 6:42 pm

1. Get married

2. Have Kids

3. Meet Jim Carrey

4. Publish a novel

5. Make money

(No particular order)
Jimenem
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Alyonushka » Sun Aug 28, 2005 3:49 am

I just want to die happy. And I don't know now what I must do for it. For being happy and for diing happy. Being happy is like a gift. I want that gift to me.
Alyonushka
Bruce Almighty

Postby Jimenem » Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:21 pm

Jimenem wrote:1. Get married

2. Have Kids

3. Meet Jim Carrey

4. Publish a novel

5. Make money

(No particular order)

I canged my mind upon reading my list a second Time There is a particular order!! I would like to Get Married THEN have Kids. Lol whew! that was a close call. :lol:
Jimenem
Dumb and Dumber To

Next

Return to The Speakeasy