Jim Carrey Online

Just what makes Jim so special to you?

Jim Carrey discussion on non-movie related topics or topics which doesn't fit anywhere else...

Postby searching_for_sunshine » Thu Jun 30, 2005 3:35 pm

fluffy,
simon birch was such good movie, very touching and Jim's voice as the narrator seemed so fitting - smooth, calm and expressive. the movie still makes me teary-eyed every time i see it.
searching_for_sunshine
Me, Myself & Irene

Postby fluffy » Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:02 pm

I must admit there were bits in the film i found a tad cheesy.........but the subject was sympathetically handled........
and 'Gentleman Jim' was great..........

Fluffy :P
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby searching_for_sunshine » Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:18 pm

i agree. there was some schmultz. but cheese is good when you're in the right mood :wink:
:lol:
searching_for_sunshine
Me, Myself & Irene

Postby quirky » Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:57 pm

Whew. Another weird Twilight Zone moment. I liked this movie, but didn't realize that Jim Carrey was involved with it. I should rerent, because I'll bet Grandma would enjoy it.

Anyway...after my dad died, there was a box of books by John Irving that he had bought someplace. He didn't read them and I don't know why he bought them...but my youngest brother left them in his house to be sold at an auction. My oldest brother and I went through them and Dad had tucked a couple of hundred dollar bills in the books.

I should add, I was there going through things because the youngest brother had told me to come back (from Illinois to Maryland) and get my #$^# or he was going to "throw it out on the street."

I think I let my oldest brother keep the money.
"When in doubt, tell the truth."
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Previous

Return to The Speakeasy