Jim Carrey Online

I wonder if Jim realizes...

Jim Carrey discussion on non-movie related topics or topics which doesn't fit anywhere else...

I wonder if Jim realizes...

Postby quirky » Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:12 pm

That his work in "Grinch" is going to implant itself into the psyches of numerous children. I see that one of the major networks is going to play it this week. I bet they make it an annual thing.

I just LOVED Gene Wilder...he was my childhood Wonka.

I looked forward to the cartoon version of Grinch every year...and of course, the Rankin Bass specials.

So in 20 years, when all these kids are grown, they will still get their hearts filled by Jim's "Grinch."
"When in doubt, tell the truth."
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby searching_for_sunshine » Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:11 pm

i bet he considers it one of the coolest roles he's done because of that...

can you imagine doing something like that...something that would impact people long after you are gone and they remember your name specifically attributing to it...that would be a great feeling...that is if it was a good thing - not like being an infamous serial killer or something of the sort

it's just not christmas if i haven't seen my fave cmas movies :)
searching_for_sunshine
Me, Myself & Irene

Postby KC8t80 » Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:11 pm

they are always going to show Jim's Grinch every holiday season......just as long as stations like ABC and ABC Family are still around.
I am part of an elite group of people......THE MEN OF JCO.

(Standing member since July 18th, 2005)

THE FEW AND THE PROUD!!!!
KC8t80
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:58 pm

yeah..........it's quite a big deal to know you're gonna be special to whole generations of kids...........especially at Xmas time.........

but hell, i love the movie too................i'm hoping for a snowstorm just B4 Xmas, i'll then take the Grinch and It's a wonderful life round to my mums............and we'll drink tea, eat shortbread and watch the movies all cosy in front of the fire.............

fluffy :wink:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby Laura Laing » Sat Dec 10, 2005 5:00 am

that sounds like a nice time.
The Grinch has always been a favorite even before the movie, and now of course even more. I actually laid in the hospital with my newborn 2 day old baby and introduced him to his first annual grinch viewing.....14 years ago.
Laura Laing
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Janel » Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:55 pm

I didn't see the animated version until just this year on TV!! Jim's Grinch has been a movie that makes Christmas "Christmas" in our house ever since it came out....I still cry when Cindy Lou sings her song---her voice is the sweetest thing---I LOVE the end when the Grinch is so happy cutting the 'roast beast'!!! It's a Wonderful Life, The Santa Clause, and The Grinch are classics in my house and have already been viewed this year and will probably be again soon!!! :D
Janel
The Cable Guy

Postby fluffy » Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:58 pm

i'm gonna make the house all cosy tonight , light the fire, light the candles and get my friends over and put on the Grinch and Bridget Jones...............lol.........

i love that grumpy green furball..............lol..............

Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Re: I wonder if Jim realizes...

Postby carreyd away » Sun Dec 11, 2005 9:40 am

quirky wrote:That his work in "Grinch" is going to implant itself into the psyches of numerous children. I see that one of the major networks is going to play it this week. I bet they make it an annual thing.

I looked forward to the cartoon version of Grinch every year...and of course, the Rankin Bass specials.

So in 20 years, when all these kids are grown, they will still get their hearts filled by Jim's "Grinch."

Hey, Lookey what I found!

http://www.eonline.com/On/Revealed/Shows/Carrey/

Don Knotts came onto the set [of How the Grinch Stole Christmas] one day, and it just lifted my whole life. It lifted my world. I went to him, and I was just like, 'Thank you so much for The Ghost and Mr. Chicken. I watched it a hundred times when I was a kid. And I loved you so much...' And I used to think about [that] doing the Grinch. I used to think about maybe when I'm 70 years old, there are gonna be 40-year-old people coming up to me going, 'I grew up with you. I grew up with the Grinch, I grew up with Ace and all these things.' I look forward to that. I really do. I want to have the most eclectic, wild box set that you could ever possibly imagine at the end of it all.
carreyd away
A Christmas Carol

Postby Realdini » Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:11 am

haha :D
yeah :)
movies for children are alway very beloved :)
I think it will make Jim more popular (It made him more popular)
"And thats the way the cookie crumbles"
Realdini
Yes Man

Postby mav » Sun Dec 11, 2005 4:16 pm

I grew up with different stories, equally influential in my early years. I'm learning a lot about what children grow up with here!
I feel stories are so essential to children no matter where they are.
mav
Dumb and Dumber To

Re: I wonder if Jim realizes...

Postby quirky » Sun Dec 11, 2005 8:15 pm

carreyd away wrote:
quirky wrote:That his work in "Grinch" is going to implant itself into the psyches of numerous children. I see that one of the major networks is going to play it this week. I bet they make it an annual thing.

Hey, Lookey what I found!

http://www.eonline.com/On/Revealed/Shows/Carrey/

Don Knotts came onto the set [of How the Grinch Stole Christmas] one day, and it just lifted my whole life. It lifted my world. I went to him, and I was just like, 'Thank you so much for The Ghost and Mr. Chicken. I watched it a hundred times when I was a kid. And I loved you so much...' And I used to think about [that] doing the Grinch. I used to think about maybe when I'm 70 years old, there are gonna be 40-year-old people coming up to me going, 'I grew up with you. I grew up with the Grinch, I grew up with Ace and all these things.' I look forward to that. I really do. I want to have the most eclectic, wild box set that you could ever possibly imagine at the end of it all.

OK! I no longer wonder if Jim realizes.....
"When in doubt, tell the truth."
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby kasper » Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:12 am

Haha, I'm going to be one of those parents who bribe their kids into watching something that feels like a 100 years old to them... "You can stay up an hour later if you watch this movie!!!" ... Or like how my mother does it... "Kyla, Its history!!!"

I can see it now :shock:
What makes you weak is what makes me stronger.
kasper
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:52 pm

I am showing them The Grinch this afternoon............lol...............

lol........i'm so devisive........lol.............sod the kids, I WANNA SEE IT!!! :wink: ..........

but if it beds down in their psyche as a great Xmas movie them Jim will have influenced 30 wee Scottish kids.............lol......... :wink:

Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby searching_for_sunshine » Wed Dec 14, 2005 4:53 pm

i'm watching the grinch today while i work...i have 2 computers so one can play movies all day...that is, if i'm not super-busy...and today I'M NOT :D

it's a good day!
searching_for_sunshine
Me, Myself & Irene

Postby Jimenem » Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:20 pm

I will start a long tradition with my family of watching the grinch every christmas with a bowl of popcorn and M&M's. All snuggly next to the fire.

And then I will threten them "If you not good this year, I will have the Grinch come and take away all your presents!" They'll believe the grinch is real as long as they live. Santa Claus won't know what to do. I think he should hire the grinch. . . Hey even God has an Angel of death!
Jimenem
Dumb and Dumber To

Next

Return to The Speakeasy