Jim Carrey Online

The Wedding Crashers.........

Jim Carrey discussion on non-movie related topics or topics which doesn't fit anywhere else...

The Wedding Crashers.........

Postby fluffy » Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:35 am

Ok here's the deal.............i went to see the movie tonight..........with a completely open mind i might add......since i've not seen either actor in anything at all.............. but i have had the misfortune of seeing the rather atrocious Isla Fischer...(who kept lapsing into an Aussie accent) on the equally dire Aussie soap 'Home and Away'...................
Anyway..............whilst it was trying to be an ironic/sartorial homage to other comedies (ie 4 weddings and a funeral)....and it was deliberately trying to be cheesy.........the whole thing just sucked!!!!!!..................
The acting was lousy.............the script dreadful..............the laughs cheap and unoriginal...........................

well the purpose of this post it this................

Jim, YOU'VE RUINED ME FOR ANY OTHER (movies that is.... :wink: )............LOL!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jim's comedy movies are just so damned clever.....and so very very funny.................lol...........i am ruined now for any others.............lol....
the rest just can't compete at the moment.......................

Although i await the 40 year old virgin with interest.............. :wink:

fluffy :P
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby Filomena » Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:56 pm

I know what you mean.

I felt that way when I saw Ron Burgandy. I actually couldn't watch the whole thing and turned it off. I thought it was total crap. And then I was comparing it to Jim's movies and I realized, I don't think Jim has ever made a movie that was so bad. (of course, I'm not counting anything he did in the 80's!)

Even his silly movies, like Dumb and Dumber, were cleverly written.

And you know what's starting to bug me? All these comparisons they're making to Jim, like "Will Ferrel is the new Jim Carrey" and now it's, "Steve Carell is the new Jim Carrey"

Excuse me??? Sure, they can be funny, too, I guess. But they don't have one tenth of the talent that Jim has.

So who's next, I wonder? Owen Wilson is the new Jim Carrey? Jack Black is the new Jim Carrey?

Eventually, they'll go back to Jim when they realize how unique and gifted he is and say, "Jim Carrey is the new Jim Carrey!"
Filomena
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Postby Jimenem » Sat Aug 27, 2005 6:45 pm

There will never be a "new Jim Carrey" There will be people who try, but they will fail miserably.
Jimenem
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby mav » Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:55 am

Actually there really havent been any funny movies out lately (or am I missing any?)

In non-comedies, I rented 'Lost in Translation' just because it had 4 stars. Though Bill Murray was excellent (Anne Faris was hilarious) the movie was so lengthy, I could barely watch it to the end. I had to load up on ILC3 afterwards :lol. But last month I watched 'Novocaine' and really enjoyed it. Good pace, intriguing and entertaining.
-
mav
Dumb and Dumber To

Return to The Speakeasy