Jim Carrey Online

Hilary Swank wants to be Jim's sister.

Jim Carrey discussion on non-movie related topics or topics which doesn't fit anywhere else...

Hilary Swank wants to be Jim's sister.

Postby jimliker » Sat Jan 29, 2005 6:46 pm

\:D/
jimliker
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby samurai_cable » Sun Jan 30, 2005 7:12 am

lol :D I'd like to see her impressions sometime~

thanks for the interesting article~! 8)
"I decided that I wanted to make movies that would uplift people." - Jim Carrey
samurai_cable
I Love You Phillip Morris

Postby jimliker » Sun Jan 30, 2005 6:45 pm

ya samurai_cable, i think they do resemble a lot. they will look gr8 as bro. & sis. :)

jimliker
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby -Bubbles- » Sun Jan 30, 2005 7:34 pm

They do look alike. Thanks for the article jimliker.
-Bubbles-
Once Bitten

Postby willsmithandjimcarreyfan » Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:12 pm

willsmithandjimcarreyfan
Ace Ventura: Pet Detective

Postby jims_lost_daughter » Fri Feb 04, 2005 6:36 pm

Hilarious...lol...i can do impressions! hahahaha... anyways.

actually, this one time my friend was getting annoyed with me talking about Jim and she was like, (out of no where) she was like, you look like Jim Carrey, thinking she would piss me off, and i started gasping and fake crying and stuff and i was like, that is the nicest most beautiful thing anyone has ever said to me! and i started crying and screaming, she was laughing soooo hard!everyone was. I think this was in the hallway at school, lol....all jks! hahaha
jims_lost_daughter
Yes Man

Postby dina » Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:04 pm

hi it is me again
nice.topic thank u soo much sharing it with us. :D
dina
A Christmas Carol

Postby Conor » Sat Feb 05, 2005 3:42 pm

thanks for sharing that.
Conor
Kick-Ass 2

Postby Gouliovandamn » Sat Feb 05, 2005 4:29 pm

that is kind of funny... thanks for the link....haha
Gouliovandamn
Horton Hears a Who!

Postby dina » Tue Feb 08, 2005 7:44 pm

i would like to b Jim sis tooo. :D
dina
A Christmas Carol

Postby Gouliovandamn » Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:57 pm

yeah i wouldnt want to be his brother.... just like a really good friend....and he could help me get acting jobs.... that would be so sweet.... ah... imagine if that was true!!... i would pass out
Gouliovandamn
Horton Hears a Who!

Postby Conor » Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:49 pm

isnt that a tabloid????

and yeah i want to be jims freind too ust not brother.
Conor
Kick-Ass 2

Postby jimliker » Sun Feb 13, 2005 9:30 pm

i dont know whether its tabloid or not JimACDCarrey.

jimliker
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby carreypunkrawker » Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:48 am

RELATED STORIES
Hilary Swank: Back in the ring
Swank: Good as gold?
In search of the perfect role
Gallery: Getting into fighting shape
Video: Watch the trailer

Today's Top Life Stories

Back in the ring
By Donna Freydkin, USA TODAY
NEW YORK — Hilary Swank is brimming over with puppy love.

The one to beat Feb. 27? "I don't necessarily feel like I'm the favorite," Hilary Swank says of her second Oscar nomination.
By Robert Deutsch, USA TODAY

She just finished a day-long fashion photo shoot with Italian Vogue, and now, as the clock strikes 7 on a freezing Manhattan night, Swank curls up in a chair in the kitchen of the photographer's studio with her year-old mix-breed dog, Karoo, in her arms. The canine sighs contentedly and promptly goes to sleep as Swank, lanky and lithe in tight jeans, sneakers and a cropped designer jacket, with her face scrubbed free of makeup, gently strokes the dog's head.

"She's a good girl," Swank says. "It's been a very long shoot for Karoo. She's become so famous!"

The same goes for Swank, who has knocked out critics and nabbed her second best-actress Oscar nomination for her role in Million Dollar Baby, opening nationwide today. She's brawny, resolute boxer Maggie, an upstart determined to succeed with the help of a crotchety trainer played by Clint Eastwood, who also directs. The movie, gritty and deadly serious, is up for seven Academy Awards after opening in limited release last month.

And Swank, who has been showered with prizes — including her second leading-actress Golden Globe two weeks ago — is back at the top of her acting game. Now, she's the one to beat come Oscar time, a reality that still hadn't sunk in when Swank called on Tuesday, 20 minutes after hearing her name called, and just a few days after a sit-down interview.

"It's just as amazing, exciting and totally unbelievable. I am speechless right now," says the actress, who won an Oscar in 2000 for Boys Don't Cry. Swank surprised everyone and dazzled critics in the real-life role of Teena Brandon/Brandon Teena, a tortured, sexually confused girl who tried to pass herself off as a young man and who paid with her life.

And, in a case of history repeating itself, the Oscar race once again pits Swank squarely against Being Julia's Annette Bening, who lost to Swank five years ago when Bening was nominated for American Beauty. But Swank isn't counting her statuettes just yet.

"I don't necessarily feel like I'm the favorite," she says. "I don't think like that."

Don't tell that to Eastwood, a man of few words who becomes uncharacteristically effusive when he speaks of Swank.

"She's the best. She's absolutely charming, and she's the most real person you'll ever meet," he says. "What you see is what you get."

The director, 74, and Swank, 30, formed an unlikely bond, reminiscent of the one his cantankerous coach and her fierce fighter forge in the film. Eastwood taught Swank to trust her instincts and to never second-guess herself. The two, Swank says, clicked "immediately. When I start talking about it, I always get welled up. I hold him really close. He's so genuine. He doesn't have a superiority complex."

Swank is understated and direct. She smiles often but doesn't laugh all that easily. In fact, she's much like Eastwood, firm and unfailingly polite, and, according to her Baby co-star Morgan Freeman, "very unassuming" with "no pretenses about her." She seeks you out after an interview to vigorously thank you several times for waiting for her, apologize for her exhaustion — and hug you goodbye before heading home to her husband, Chad Lowe, who has flown in from Los Angeles.

Swank, who yawns repeatedly, could use a night in, busy as she has been promoting the movie for two months — and before that, pushing herself "to the limit" to get ready for it. She trained for three months before filming started, spending four hours each day with legendary boxing coach Hector Roca at Gleason's Gym in Brooklyn and slugging it out with real fighters. But her inner pugilist took a while to emerge. To her trainer's chagrin, Swank apologized to her opponent the first time her fist connected.

"Then I went all out. I got hit in the face, I got hit in the body," she says. "The more I got hit, the more I learned that it's OK to hit back."

To bulk up, Swank lifted weights and ingested 210 grams of protein each day, drinking 60 egg whites, eating every hour and a half and waking up in the middle of the night to down protein shakes. She gained nearly 20 pounds of muscle, and her entire body changed, she says. She is still happily 5 pounds heavier than before the film.

"It all put me in the mind-set of a boxer," she says. "It's my job. I need to be able to look like a boxer."

Giving vanity the heave-ho, Swank got into the ring without a nose guard because wearing one "hurts your peripheral vision," she says. "You're not going to move the same. I got a bruised nose to the point that sometimes I couldn't touch it for a couple of weeks. It makes you move your face. You have to learn."

Sometimes, the hard way. After popping a blister the way she thought a boxer would, Swank developed a dangerous staphylococcus infection in her foot, she told 60 Minutes.

Like Maggie, the blue-collar fighter single-mindedly determined to make it, Swank grew up in meager circumstances in Bellingham, Wash. "I felt that parallel, that connection to having a dream and coming from nothing," she says. "Growing up in a trailer park, her growing up in a trailer park. That drive, passion, determination."

Says Eastwood: "She works incredibly hard."

Swank rolled with the punches while fighting with boxing champion Lucia Rijker, who spars with her in the film. Once, Rijker recalls, she accidentally head-butted an unfazed Swank, giving her a swollen lip. Another time, a tired Swank forgot to duck when Rijker attacked. "She started laughing and said, 'Wow, OK, I got hit!' " Rijker says. "She told me to do what I had to do, to make it feel real."

Out of the ring, Swank "wants to make sure everyone is OK," Rijker says. "She's very selective of who she brings into her circle, but once you're in, she really cares about you."

One of those close to Swank is L.A.-based singer Karen Giffin. She and her husband met Swank and Lowe eight years ago when the two couples were neighbors in Pacific Palisades. Giffin calls Swank a generous friend who flew her out to New York to attend Baby's premiere and to Paris for a week when Swank was shooting The Affair of the Necklace.

"She takes her friendships seriously," Giffin says. "We used to knit together. We like to meet and have coffee and chat."

They hung out when Swank was shooting Baby in Los Angeles.

"In between her working out at the gym and filming, she would come over and say she was hungry, and I'd make her a salad," Giffin says. "She was very strict about what she could eat. She's very determined and works hard."

She works at her marriage as well. Swank and Lowe, 37, met 12 years ago at a party and tied the knot in 1997. "He has a heart of gold," Swank says. "I certainly knew that I wanted to hang out with him. We've been together ever since that first dinner."

They moved to New York 4½ years ago after Swank felt secluded and out of touch in L.A. Now, they live in Greenwich Village with their two dogs, two birds, cat and rabbit.

"I love this city. I love it culturally," she says. "I feel like I'm in a blender of life. I ride the subway. I walk around the city all the time."

You can spot Swank jogging with her dog or running errands or lunching with friends.

"I lead a very low-key life," she says. "I'm a boring girl who has a bunch of animals and cleans up bunny poop."

She and her husband take cross-country road trips with their pets. And they stay not at the Four Seasons, but at Motel 6. In Manhattan, they eat out or go to the movies. Or they have friends over for "serious, serious game nights. I think just being athletic my whole life and being into sports, I like a good game," says Swank, who excels at chess and Scrabble but has lost to Lowe a few times in both.

His one request of his sporty spouse? That she not skydive, Swank says with a giggle.

She'd like to laugh onscreen as well. Next up for her is Brian De Palma's The Black Dahlia, the story of the murder of Elizabeth Short in 1940s Los Angeles; it starts shooting this spring. But Hollywood casting directors, listen up: Swank would love to do a romantic comedy with Ewan McGregor. She's funny. Really!

"I can do weird things like bend my fingers back," says Swank, curling her tongue for added impact. "I'm really Jim Carrey as a woman."

Just get a load of her imitation of Carrey in his manic comedy days. Swank turns her face away, only to whirl back around with her cheeks stretched back, mouth gaping open and eyes popping out. Ace Ventura would be proud.

But can Swank, like Carrey, talk out of her posterior? The actress breaks into her first real, hearty laugh of the interview and shakes her head. Still, she says, "I think Jim Carrey and I should be brother and sister. I told him that at the Globes."

His response?

"'We do look alike!' "

yes it is tabloid because nowhere in that article did Hilary Swank say that she wanted to be Jim's sister. She just said that she looks a little like or has the features of Jim Carrey. On top of that she told Jim that she and him SHOULD be brother and sister. She didn't say she wanted to be his sister. I don't know where someone got the phrase, Hilary Swank Wants To Be Jim's Sister. so yeah, the title of this thread is tabloid. The story does not sound tabloid, but it may be. They quoted her in an interview saying all this stuff and I've included the article in this post of mine just to prove that Swank never said she WANTED to be Jim's sister. Someone point out to me where she said she WANTS to be Jim's sister instead of saying she SHOULD be Jim's sister because I can't find it.

Peace out.
carreypunkrawker
A Christmas Carol

Postby jimliker » Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:21 pm

well carreypunkrawker...i didnt mean that Hilary Swank wants to be Jim's sis in real life..... she said "I think Jim Carrey and I should be brother and sister."...this may mean maybe she wants to be his sister in a movie or something or maybe they would have been bro & sis in real life.

dont take my statements literally......just enjoy the article. all of u r intelligent enough to understand whats written in the article.

jimliker
Dumb and Dumber To

Return to The Speakeasy