Jim Carrey Online

Mark Ruffalo about Jim

Jim Carrey discussion on non-movie related topics or topics which doesn't fit anywhere else...

Mark Ruffalo about Jim

Postby joy » Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:51 am

Is it intimidating to play the comic relief to Jim Carrey's straight man? Do you feel under pressure to make him laugh?
When you’re doing your comedy stuff you’re thinking, Oh God, Jim’s just sitting here snoring through it. It’s like, 'Oh God, I’m gonna get up and do comedy in front of Jim Carrey?' It’s a little daunting. But he’s very aware of that and he’s really supportive.

So he throws you the odd mercy laugh now and again?
Yeah he does. Maybe he’s forcing it but he fakes it well. And he let’s you take the stage. When you’re doing your bit he doesn’t jump in, he doesn’t try to be part of it, which is great, because you can see his mind working and it works so quickly. He was very cool because he would stay on set a lot. He was watching a lot of the stuff at the monitors with Michel. You’d do a scene and he’d come over and say, ‘Hey, that was really funny. That really worked, you’re really funny.’ That’s very supportive. And he’s been around some pretty funny people.
joy
Mike Hammer: Murder Takes All

Postby samurai_cable » Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:33 am

:) This is interesting~ Thanks~!
"I decided that I wanted to make movies that would uplift people." - Jim Carrey
samurai_cable
I Love You Phillip Morris

Return to The Speakeasy