Jim Carrey Online

Previews, what does Jim think?

Jim Carrey discussion on non-movie related topics or topics which doesn't fit anywhere else...

What do you think of Preview?

Poll ended at Thu Jan 20, 2005 6:35 pm

They are fine the way they are
33%
They should give more away
17%
They should give less away
17%
They should just tell us what the movie is about
33%

Total votes : 6

Previews, what does Jim think?

Postby jxm145 » Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:35 pm

I find myself going to the movies less often because the previews of the movies ruins the best part. I wonder what Jim's views on this subject are.

Personally I think with Jim's star power I would think his movie previews should just give the idea of the plot and nothing more. Personally I want to know what the movie is about, but at the same time I want to be surprised when I see the movie. For example I did not see any previews to Eternal Sunshine and I can honestly say that I was very happy learn stuff as the movie went along. I personally enjoy not knowing what to expect when I go see a movie. I hate it when all the best jokes have already been out in previews which makes the movie not as enjoyable.
Live in the moment, for the moment only comes once.
jxm145
Copper Mountain

Postby samurai_cable » Wed Dec 22, 2004 4:19 am

Interesting question :)

Sometimes I think they do give most of the good parts away, but that didn't happen with Bruce Almighty. Least I don't think it did. For other movies, I really do think they give the funny parts away, but Jim movies, I think are fine the way they are. I really liked the preview of Lemony Snicket ;)

for Eternal Sunshine of The Spotless Mind, I think I really needed the preview, because I would have got seriously lost without knowing anything about it. :D I really love this movie :o
"I decided that I wanted to make movies that would uplift people." - Jim Carrey
samurai_cable
I Love You Phillip Morris

Return to The Speakeasy