Jim Carrey Online

Wonder what the Queen thinks??

Jim Carrey discussion on non-movie related topics or topics which doesn't fit anywhere else...

Postby Jessica Bezerra Dos Santo » Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:02 pm

Peter Weir- "There's something alien about Jim Carrey. He's like Charlie Chaplin or Buster Keaton. If Jim Carrey had been around in the 1920s, he would have been a silent star. He's easy going, but pretty occupied. Jim wasn't a comedian on the set. And he's a perfectionist, too, with capital P. His preparation was intensely thorough, and he didn't want to be too much a part of the chat on the set because we were often (in character) talking about 'the show'."

Jerry Lewis- "When I saw him in Dumb & Dumber I believed that it was a miracle: he's my son! I think Jim Carrey is brilliant."

Lorne Michaels- "Jim is amazing. He is an artist of the highest order. While Kaufman was sometimes a blow for surrealism, Jim was always a gentleman and always generous."

Clint Eastwood- "He isn't a megalomaniac like they say, he's a good boy."

David Spade- "Every time Jim Carrey was on, I was mad because it wasn't me. He's ten times funnier!!!"

Nicolas Cage- "Jim's never really come out and said this, but I don't thik he likes the idea that it's plastered everywhere what he's earning. I don't think he wants it to overshadow the work itself. That people are thinking 'money' when they see him, I don't think that was ever his intention. I do think that he felt that if that check that he wrote to himself came true, which it did, it would not just mean money; it would mean that he could work with the best in the business." "He's very talented. He's able to be the centre of attention for fifteen minutes with the same gag and repeat it in ten different ways."

Ed Harris- "Jim is really good actor. Best of all, you keep wondering, 'What is this guy going to do?' But I think he is very honest. There's a certain innocence and vulnerability. He's very genuine in this movie. He's quite beautiful in it.Carrey's performance in The Truman Show isn't really a departure for him as much as an extension of who he is, of what his capabilities are. I think he's a really good actor, and he's also got this side to him where you don't know when he's going to go into another realm. It's nice to watch him because there's a tension there. He's got an honesty and a certain innocence and vulnerability in this piece. He's very genuine and I think he's quite beautiful in it."

Richard Jeni- "You know how they say about certain actors that they make all the other actors around them feel better? Well, Jim makes all the other actors feel normal. No matter what's going on around him - it could be a plane wreck - he'll walk up to you and go, 'A-ha-ha!' That's something you wouldn't get if you were working with Mickey Rourke. Meryl Streep would not work like that."

Jeff Daniels- "Working with Jim is kind of like spending your life driving on a highway and suddenly you've entered the Indy 500. When he kicks into overdrive, you just go with him. Jim will walk into a room and take a five-foot fall flat on his back, and if he gets a laugh from the crew, he'll do it again. And if not, he'll come in and make it an eight-foot fall."

Swoosie Kurtz- "Jim is extremely sexy. His face, his body, his height (6'2") ... He is kind of lanky and loose and relaxed. He's got a handsome, straightforward, midwestern look."

Ben Stiller- "Jim did stuff that tapped into some weird energy that's inside of him. I don't know where it comes from. All I can say is I'm glad he has an outlet for it."

Amanda Donohoe- "The sexiest thing about Carrey is his humor. Let's face it, every woman likes to be made to laugh."

Laura Linney- "The first time I met him, I looked at him and thought, 'God, he looks like Cary Grant. You don't think of that when you think of Jim Carrey, but when you can just look at him, he's this big, handsome, strapping man."

Cameron Diaz- "Working with him is like visiting an insane asylum."

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
ImageImage
Jessica Bezerra Dos Santo
Batman Forever

Postby Cheryl Anna » Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:22 pm

Thanks,
Jessica.
International Ataxia Awareness Day is September 25-every year.
Cheryl Anna
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Postby fluffy » Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:04 am

i doubt she thinks............lol

fluffy :D
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby sprousefan23 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:05 am

^lol!
"No time outs. Only DEATH!"
"I don't like to brag and I won't cuz I don't have to!" Image